Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bacon Cookies wih Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Chipotle

I had heard of bacon grease cookies for a while. I think they might be a depression era-type recipe so when I got my hands on a surplus of unsliced bacon I decided to give it a try. I did not end up with as much rendered bacon fat as I thought I would so I used half butter/half bacon fat.

Here's the recipe:

2    Eggs
3/4 Stick Butter
3/4 Cup Bacon Grease
1& 1/2 Cup AP Flour
1 &1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Chipotle Powder ( more if you want them HOTTER!)
2 Chocolate Bars, broken into chunks
1/2 Cup Bacon, finely chopped
6 tbsp Peanut Butter

Creme eggs, butter, bacon grease and brown sugar. Sift or Mix baking powder, salt and chipotle powder into flour and combine with the egg/butter/sugar. Add in bacon bits, chocolate chunks and peanut butter.  Drop tbsp-size dollops on greased cookie sheet or use parchment paper. Bake for 23 minutes @350ยบ until a brown ring appears around cookies. Let cool and enjoy.



I thought these cookies were pretty good. Your mileage may vary  but if you enjoy bacon and sweet and savory together you may enjoy these too.

No comments:

Post a Comment